Jessica Somers is a chartered professional accountant (CPA, CGA) with over ten years of experience advising freelancers, entrepreneurs and small businesses in Vancouver on tax, accounting, and business process. She also works with US citizens, and people moving to or from Canada on their cross-border tax obligations.
As founder of Cordova Street Consulting, Jessica is working to change the landscape of tax advising from a black box to an open conversation. Jessica approaches clients from a perspective of knowledge sharing, outreach, and taking the stress and mystery out of tax!
- Reel Causes Society, Treasurer
- Room Magazine, Treasurer
areas of practice
- Tax and Finance for Freelancers (Editors BC)
- Tax Tips for Freelancers – Q&A (Kabuni Academy)
- Tax Prep Bootcamp (Creative Coworkers)
- Tax Basics for Artists (Art at Work, City of Richmond)
- Tax Basics for Artists (Artists in Residence, Skwachays Lodge)
- Ask an Expert Roundtable (Skillshare, Urban Workers Project)